I’m going to make some changes for 2013. I know, I know, I, like every other person in the world say the same thing every year, and when it comes down to it, no change is ever made, but also like I say every every year, in 2013, I’m going to give a serious effort. No, I’m serious this time.
So, I know in the past doing this has always been a waste of time, as I tend to throw the whole thing out within a couple days, but here it is, anyway. My New Years Resolutions for 2013. I swear, I’m going to keep to it this year.
- Community. I had this farther down the list, but in reality, there is nothing more important than being involved in ones community. Too many people complain about this or about that. We complain about the fall of our communities, but too many people will do nothing about it. Maybe that’s where we need to make a change? I’m going to work my ass off in 2013 to make Rochester the best place it can be. I don’t care what you say.
- Cigarettes. I’m going to quit for good. I’ve been saying this for 20 years now. Though I’ve come a long way, it takes almost a month to smoke a pack, I’m still taking 7 minutes off my life every time I spark up one of those smokey flavor sticks of joy. Maybe I need to work on how I view them?
- Meatless Mondays. I know, there are some people out there who would say that this is the greatest of all sins. Giving up meat. This has nothing to do with vegetarianism or giving up meat at all. This is strictly an environmental statement. If you disagree, do some research into the Amazon rain forest and its depletion and why, as well as do some research into the greatest creators of greenhouse gasses. Oh yeah, I will be eating meat every other day.
- 95%. That’s how much of our diet I hope to be growing ourselves or buy locally by the end of the year. To be honest, we’re not far from that mark as it is.
- Social Media. This is the way the world works these days. I like to think I’m pretty proactive with well over 500 followers on Twitter and closing in on 200 on Facebook, but I would like to see closer to 5000 on Twitter by the end of the year and 1000 on Facebook. Come on, you know you want to…
- Guerrillas. I want to beautify the neighborhoods throughout Rochester by bringing together a group of wild and crazy people, such as myself to plant gardens throughout the city of Rochester. Nothing brings light into a community like a little beauty.
- City Council. Making a run as a third party candidate. I know, this seems to be a lofty goal, but I believe that it needs to be done. We have a City Council that has not had new blood from another party in too long. In being this way, they pass legislation without any real debate or consideration of any other alternative. The Bull Moose Party will rise again.
- First Responders. In the wake of the horrific events that have touched our city and the West Webster Fire Department, I’m going to dedicate some of my time to thank those who give their lives to their communities.
- Fat. I need to get rid of some of this mess I carry around with me.
- Michelle. Certainly not least on any list in my eyes. I promise to continue loving her as I have throughout the years in which we’ve been together. Sometimes, I need to show it better. This is my promise for 2013.